A pleasant and much-needed facial may do wonders for your skin. What's more important, however, is how to look after your skin after a facial. It's pointless to spend time and money on a facial if you're not going to keep that glow and softness afterward.
After a facial, your skin is already very soft and silky, but it is also super sensitive. The plumpness and radiance persist 3-5 days on average. It's the after-facial skincare that makes it last.
How Does Your Skin Appear After A Facial?
Because of the blackhead removal, exfoliation, steaming, and face packs, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to claim that your skin undergoes a minor surgery. It reveals young skin cells, which require time to grow and settle. In a nutshell, the skin remains sensitive, and any harsh or incorrect skincare routine or products may cause it to respond.
Considering your skin type, O3+ has compiled a list of dos and don'ts after a facial.
Things To Do
1. Cleanse with a gentle cleanser- As you know that your skin is more sensitive after a facial than it was before. Choose a gentle and mild face cleanser that effectively removes grime, grease, and undesirable particles without harming the skin. Choose Brighten Up Cleanser or Meladerm D Tan Cleanser for better results.
2. Ensure that you stay hydrated- Hydration is the single most effective solution to all of your skincare problems. While your skin will be highly moisturized after a nice facial, make sure to consume plenty of water throughout the day over the next few days. It will extend the life of your facial shine.
3. Apply a moisturizing cream- Exfoliation or scrubbing were used in the steps of your facial, which means your dead skin cells were eliminated. Essential skin oils that assist maintain the skin's moisture levels are also removed during this process. A mild and hydrating moisturizer that helps to replenish and seal in moisture is recommended. Check out O3+ Vitamin C & Glow Gel Cream if you're seeking for the best face moisturizer. It will keep your skin hydrated after a facial.
4. Before getting a facial, get other skin treatments- Because of the several procedures your skin went through during the facial, it becomes more sensitive. Threading brows, using skin bleach, or even waxing your face will irritate your skin, causing redness and rashes. So, at least 1 to 2 days before the facial, get your face waxed, bleached, and threaded.
Things Not To Do
1. Don't use toner- After the facial, it is usually not recommended to use a toner for at least 2-3 days. After a facial, using an alcohol-based toner might cause skin irritation and dryness. During the facial, your skin was thoroughly cleansed.
2. Don't go out in the sun immediately- UV radiation from the sun are damaging to your skin and can even destroy your skin barrier. After the facial, don't go out in the sun right away. Protect your face from the sun's direct beams using an umbrella or scarf. Another crucial consideration is to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least an SPF of 30.
3. Avoid picking at your skin- It's best to leave blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and zits alone if they remained even after the facial. Picking or popping them can result in severe skin outbreaks, redness, irritation, inflammation, and scarring. Wait up to 7 days following the facial before seeing a doctor or cosmetic specialist to get them removed.
4. Keep your hands away from your face- Most facials use steam to open your skin pores. If you touch your face a lot after the facial, bacteria can build up in the layers of your skin. Avoid touching your face too much because it might cause zits and breakouts.
O3+ has a wide range of skincare products including facial kits, moisturizer creams, toners, cleansers and much more to address a variety of skin issues. Whether it's for a bridal glow, tanned skin, achieving a diamond and pearl-like radiance, or dealing with skin's anti-aging difficulties,o3+ facial products are here to save the day.